What We Believe
We at the Laurel Church of the Nazarene firmly believe the great doctrines of historic Christianity as they are revealed in the Bible. A complete statement of faith appears in the church's Manual, and we summarize it for you here:
- We believe in God the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man is born in sin.
- Man needs the work of forgiveness through Christ and the new birth through the Holy Spirit.
- Subsequent to this there is a deeper work of heart cleansing or entire sanctification through the in filling of the Holy Spirit and that to each of these works of grace the Holy Spirit gives witness.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and that all will come to final judgment with its rewards and punishments!